Every time you lather on sunscreen, think about shielding your eyes from the sun as well. A lifetime of UV light exposure can contribute to cataracts and macular degeneration, so always wear sunglasses with 100 percent UVA and UVB protection.
And since, by the time you hit age 18, you’ve already received 80 percent of the UV light that you’ll be exposed to in a lifetime, it’s crucial to protect your children’s eyes as well.
1. Wear Sunglasses with Complete Ultraviolet Protection
2. Wash Hands and Avoid Rubbing Your Eyes
3. Protect Against Chemicals
Hand or body soap bubbles that pop near your eyes
Spray paint that blows back into your face
Splashing cleaning solutions
4. Keep Children Safe and Start Young with Eye Protection
5. Wear eye protection during outdoor activities
6. Eat Healthy and Drink Plenty of Water
7. Get Adequate Sleep